Alabama Arise unveils peopleвЂ™ 2021 roadmap for change
Sentencing reform and universal broadband access are two brand brand new goals on Alabama AriseвЂ™s 2021 agenda that is legislative. Users voted for AriseвЂ™s problem priorities this week after almost 300 individuals attended the organizationвЂ™s online annual meeting Saturday. The seven issues plumped for had been:
- Tax reform, including untaxing food and ending the stateвЂ™s upside-down deduction for federal taxes, which overwhelmingly benefits rich households.
- Adequate budgets for human being services like training, medical care and son or daughter care, including Medicaid expansion and expansion of pre-K to provide all eligible Alabama kids.
- Criminal justice reform, including repeal associated with Habitual Felony Offender Act and modifications to asset that is civil policies.
- Voting legal rights, including automated voter that is universal and elimination of obstacles to voting liberties renovation for disenfranchised Alabamians.
- Payday and title lending reform to protect customers from getting caught with debt. (more…)